Internet Repairs Service Call
What does a Service Call comprise of?
- Test and Log current internet sync speed at the NBP
- Diagnostic Test of Network from premises to node or ADSL device
- Replacement of 1st Socket in premises to optimise VDSL or ADSL
- Isolation of 1st Socket from any existing cabling to other Sockets
- Re-test internet sync speed at NBP
- Full Test of existing internal cabling
- Test Report forwarded to your email address for perusal by your RSP.
How can a service call restore your internet speed and connectivity?
Diagnostic testing – directly into the Network from your premises.
At Internet Repairs, we use superior diagnostics and fault-fixing expertise to provide answers, solutions and peace of mind:
- By ensuring Cabling and Sockets at your premises are in top condition, we can prevent deterioration to your connection (NBN VDSL or ADSL).
- By testing into the Network from your premises, we can see at short range what your RSP’s testing equipment cannot.
- We investigate connectivity issues, which may relate to distance from premises to the NBN node*.
- The IR Test Report can be invaluable for communicating with your RSP, if issues stem from a fault in your provider’s network.
- The IR Test Report can also be used to insist on Network Remediation for your service, if required.
*top notch cabling and sockets are crucial if your premises is more than 1 km from the NBN node (approx. 5 Kilometres for ADSL 1 / 2 and 2+ from the Telstra Exchange).
Experience you can Rely on
At Internet Repairs, our core service is diagnosing and repairing internet services, solving faults from node to modem.
Approximately 80% of internet service faults we diagnose and repair, originate from poor quality internal cabling, especially old Telstra set-ups from pre-NBN days. The remaining 20% of faults, are a mix of NBN Network issues and/or customer modem issues that we can identify and record test results for you to take to your Internet Service Provider.
Sometimes drop-outs can be caused by 3rd party influences, such as pool pumps and other nearby electrical appliances.
End of the Line…
NBN-technicians are not required to repair internal wiring faults beyond the Network Boundary Point (NBP). In most cases, the lead-in cable from the network terminates at the 1st socket.
At commercial dwellings (with multiple shops and/or units, the network terminates at the MDF in a Telecoms room. Once again, NBN authorised technicians are not obliged to investigate or provide service beyond this point.
A service call to your premises by one of IR’s fully registered and insured internet technicians, could make a world of difference to your internet service.