Internet Repairs Service Call
What does a Service Call comprise of?
- Test and Log current internet sync speed at the NBP
- Diagnostic Test of Network from premises to node or ADSL device
- Replacement of 1st Socket in premises to optimise VDSL or ADSL
- Isolation of 1st Socket from any existing cabling to other Sockets
- Re-test internet sync speed at NBP
- Full Test of existing internal cabling
- Test Report forwarded to your email address for perusal by your RSP.
How can a service call restore your internet speed and connectivity?
Diagnostic testing – directly into the Network from your premises.
At Internet Repairs, we use superior diagnostics and fault-fixing expertise to provide answers, solutions and peace of mind:
- By ensuring Cabling and Sockets at your premises are in top condition, we can prevent deterioration to your connection (NBN VDSL or ADSL)
- By testing into the Network from your premises, we can see at short range what your RSP’s testing equipment cannot
- We investigate connectivity issues, which may relate to distance from premises to the NBN node*
- The IR Test Report can be invaluable for communicating with your RSP, if issues stem from a fault in your provider’s network
- The IR Test Report can also be used to insist on Network Remediation for your service, if required.
*top notch cabling and sockets are crucial if your premises is more than 1 km from the NBN node (approx 5 Kilometres for ADSL 1 / 2 and 2+ from the Telstra Exchange.
Experience you can Rely on
At Internet Repairs, our core service is diagnosing and repairing internet services, solving faults from node to modem.
Firstly, approximately 20% of internet service faults we deal with, originate inside the customer’s premises. Secondly, of the remaining 80% of faults, 20-30% relate to intermittent internal wiring issues. Thirdly, are faults which either transcend to, or originate on the NBN or Telstra network. At Internet Repairs we diagnose the location and nature of faults to avoid any compounding of problems encountered. As a result, we can provide clear answers and, most importantly, solutions for customers dealing with faults.
End of the Line…
NBN-technicians are not required to repair internal wiring faults beyond the Network Boundary Point (NBP). In most cases, the lead-in cable from the network terminates at the 1st socket.
At commercial dwellings (with multiple shops and/or units, the network terminates at the MDF in a Telecoms room. Once again, NBN authorised technicians are not obliged to investigate or provide service beyond this point.
A service call to your premises by one of IR’s fully registered and insured internet technicians, could make a world of difference to your internet service.